Saturday, December 27, 2008

My cute little candy-coated clementine.

Hey mister, you're the apple of my eye,
My cute little candy-coated clementine.
It's unfortunate, babyface
That you felt the need to leave,
Because I can show you a good time.
Sorry, honey,
Necrophilia isn't my style.
You were dead meat before you said "hello."
You may have fooled them,
But you didn't fool me.
Have you been working out?
Because that lazy eye is in very good shape
It's going everywhere it's supposed to;
The far side from faithful.
It's too bad, sweetheart
You're about to take a nosedive off that cliff.
You were so cute, too.
My adorable little sugar-coated soufflé,
I hope you're turning in your grave,
It's no surprise that no good comes
To those who don't behave.

--

This poem is kind of interesting. I had the first two lines written a few days ago and was struggling to make something out of it. It originally was going to be a cutesy poem about a crush, which is something I haven't done before. But it just seemed predictable to go about it in that way after the first few lines. So I tried out a more angry approach. I've read a lot of poetry on mondayeyes that had that malicious feel to it, and I wanted to try it for myself. So I did, and this is what came of it. I'm not quite sure about it yet...hopefully I'll get comments on it on mondayeyes and see. If I don't get any comments, I may rewrite it. I'm not writing for anyone but myself, of course, but I'm a little iffy on how the malice turned out and I want other people's opinions. But I figured I'd post it before I decided that I hated it haha. I'm my own worst critic.