Tuesday, March 24, 2009

So The Academy Is... is in my city right now.

And I'm not there. Sadface. Okay, technically, just Sisky and William, but whatever. They played down in Colorado Springs last night. Brittany called me during Rumored Nights and I basically died. It was wonderful. Oh, and William also dedicated Down and Out to her. By name. I'm so totally jealous you don't even know. That's arguably my favorite song by them, ever.

I'm also being kicked in the ass by this history essay. Hard. I had to write a freewrite, which is basically me just talking to myself on paper about my topic (whaaat? My teacher is weird.). It's supposed to be about a page and a half double spaced. Mine ended up being 3 1/2 pages long. I've shortened it to about 3 pages. I have no idea how to make it shorter. fmlfmlfml

My life is like a spiral staircase
Twisting higher than I can see
Flat planes and narrow lines intersect
A geometric masterpiece only I can climb
I fly up the staircase
My footsteps a steady pulse
I am so urgent in reaching the sky
That when I finally behold the brilliant blue dome
I am too exhausted to care.

I wrote that earlier...I'm kind of blehh about the ending, I think it could use more, but I decided to keep it that way anyway. We've started reading The Catcher In The Rye in English, and I guess Holden's personality has kind of rubbed off on me. I don't want to change the original draft because then it would not be honest and raw, and it would be "phony." I may end up changing it later when this mindset wears off. But for now we'll see how it goes.