Saturday, March 28, 2009

kindness.

Every kind action, every pebble dropped into the sea, is capable of creating a tidal wave colossal enough to span every ocean in the world, traveling as fast as the mind can comprehend before it hits the shore with a soft splash. It's massive crest collapses into a foamy abyss as the water grows shallower and shallower. "Shhh," it sighs. It stretches its toes out towards the dry land, but the land pushes it away. It retreats silently, back to the deep waters that welcome it back to the depths of it's vulnerable, watery heart.

This is little tidbit is dedicated to the woman at Starbucks who cared enough to strike up a conversation and asked if 2% milk was okay. I only wish I had taken the time from my busy lifestyle to learn her name.


--
I've been trying to write this ever since it happened on Wednesday. I wasn't quite sure how to put it in words, and like usual, it came to me a few days after the fact. But yeah, I'm happy with this. I really am. Mostly though, I'm happy that I wrote it. Writing a bit of prose/poetry/whatever you want to call it about the woman who made my macchiato when I ditched gym on Wednesday is either extremely pathetic or absolutely genius. I'm hoping it leans towards the latter. There are very few people so kind out there these days, even if all she did was strike up a conversation and ask me how I wanted my coffee. The simplicity of it caught me off guard. I may have to ditch class again sometime just to go get coffee and see her.

Lia and I went to see The Haunting In Connecticut this evening. It was really good, I reccomend you see it. It was jumpy and I got kind of freaked out, but I still found it fascinating. The whole Jonah thing, and Matt being a medium...wow. I totally just spoiled it. But anyway, I was impressed.
Laterrr