Friday, May 22, 2009

friends.

So everybody graduated yesterday. It was really bittersweet. Alli, Basil, Collin, Ksenia and everyone did fantastic. I was so proud of all of them.

That evening there was a party at Ksenia's. I met some new people and hung out with my old friends. I remember sitting in between Ephraim and Ksenia against the wall in her basement, and Collin came and sat in my lap. Steven, Taylor, and this kid I met named Kelson were playing with the music on the other side of the room and Basil and Sam were just chilling there, making sexual innuendos like they always do. I just kind of took in the moment. New friends, old friends. It was nice to just sit and joke around with people after we haven't done that in a while, really. It felt really great and made me feel so lucky that I was a part of it all, finally.

I really hope our group of friends doesn't fade away once they all go off to college.

I don't know where John was throughout any of this. He wasn't at graduation, even though his name was in the program. Who knows with him, anyway. He's never predictable, I haven't heard from him in a long time.

I finished my short chick-lit book today. It was called Boy Meets Boy, and I actually liked it a lot. I recommend it. It was written quite well for one of those pastel-covered, witty romances popular among females between the ages of 12 and 15. My next endevor? I'm going to go back to Dracula. I'm disappointed I never even got to start reading it, even though I've been meaning to for a while. We've been reading short stories in English since we've finished Jane Eyre, to pass the time until finals. So far we've read Story of an Hour and Occurence at Owl Creek Bridge, both really interesting, somewhat freaky stories. Not as much as the next and last one we're reading -- Cask of Amontillado. It's by Edgar Allen Poe, my favorite author, but I haven't read this story yet. I'm excited to.

Anyway, I think my blogging bores people. I talk so much about myself it's not even funny. But then again, I guess that's the point of blogging, to release YOUR inner thoughts. It's also why I prefer blogging over journaling--I write too slow and my train of thought is too fast. Part of the restless generation I suppose. Typing helps me keep up.

Laterrr